Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This Week's Homeschool Home Economics Project - Homemade Play Doh


Ingredients include: 1 cup flour, 2 tsp. cream of tartar, 1 tbsp. cooking oil, 1/2 cup salt, 1 cup water, and food coloring (optional). 

Directions: Mix the flour, salt, ad cream of tartar together. Mix the cooking oil and food coloring in the water, and add to dry ingredients. Stir and pour mixture in an electric skillet or non-stick pan on medium heat ( I don't have either, so I sprayed my stainless steel pan with cooking spray). Stir constantly until dough pulls away from sides of skillet or pan. (This process usually takes 3 minutes - according to recipe, it didn't for us, probably 1 minute and a half). Empty dough onto wax paper (again, I don't have any, so I used aluminum foil). Knead until smooth and cool. Store in zip-lock bag (or a bowl, like I did).

Kids and I just made this, it was a ton of fun!!

P.S. We used red and blue food coloring, to make a lavender color :)



No comments:

Post a Comment