Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Night's Dessert: No Bake Nutella Cheesecake


I decided to try this last night, and I'm glad I did! The entire family loved it!

The original recipe can found here, you will need to read these. The directions on that site said to separate into cups or bowls, but I chose to make mine in a pie plate.

The ingredients I swapped are as follows:

1. Instead of Oreo cookies for the crust, I chose to mix graham cracker crumbs (much healthier than Oreo cookies) with the unsalted butter. I didn't really measure the crumbs, just mixed until I was happy with the crust texture.
2. I used fat free cream cheese (not really swapped, but chose the healthier one).
3.  I used fat free frozen whipped topping for the mixture and the garnish (not really swapped, but chose the healthier one).
4. I used chocolate flavored almond bark for the garnish, instead of regular chocolate (I figured that was healthier).
5. I couldn't find hazelnuts in our stores around here, so I swapped them for pecans.

P.S. I don't have a pie server (not yet anyways), so I had to use a stainless steel spoon, but if you use this recipe, I strongly recommend using a pie server. It will be much easier to loosen the graham cracker crust from the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this looks sinfully delicious!! I've pinned it so I can find it later :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)

      Delete