Monday, April 30, 2012
Last Night's Dessert: No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
The original recipe can found here, you will need to read these. The directions on that site said to separate into cups or bowls, but I chose to make mine in a pie plate.
The ingredients I swapped are as follows:
1. Instead of Oreo cookies for the crust, I chose to mix graham cracker crumbs (much healthier than Oreo cookies) with the unsalted butter. I didn't really measure the crumbs, just mixed until I was happy with the crust texture.
2. I used fat free cream cheese (not really swapped, but chose the healthier one).
3. I used fat free frozen whipped topping for the mixture and the garnish (not really swapped, but chose the healthier one).
4. I used chocolate flavored almond bark for the garnish, instead of regular chocolate (I figured that was healthier).
5. I couldn't find hazelnuts in our stores around here, so I swapped them for pecans.
P.S. I don't have a pie server (not yet anyways), so I had to use a stainless steel spoon, but if you use this recipe, I strongly recommend using a pie server. It will be much easier to loosen the graham cracker crust from the bottom.